Dec 10, 2010

Pinwheels, Part 2 - The Alternative Bouquet

Hi Everyone, GB has come up with another great DIY wedding post. You have to look at these ideas, they are so great and easy to do.
The Bouquet Situation: To fit our budget, I knew we were going to be skipping a professional florist and, as much as I would have loved to arrange our bouquets myself, I also knew that that kind of activity is very time sensitive and I didn't want to have that stress in the 36 hour window before the wedding.

Turns out there are a lot of fun alternatives to traditional flower bouquets (Green Wedding Shoes just did a feature on
brooch bouquets). As discussed before, TD and I had pinwheel decorations in mind from early on, so that was a natural starting point.

I loved the pinwheels in these bouquets, featured on Green Wedding Shoes:

State Farm Ribbon-style rosettes in this wedding on Ruffled

Fan bouquets on Green Wedding Shoes
I love the feathers and bling in this edgy-chic bouquet on Green Wedding Shoes
Cute felt and button bouquet in this wedding on Ruffled
I liked the idea of mixing flower shapes with pinwheels, so I started with the same pinwheel-on-a-dowel as the decorations I had made, and then added more pinwheels and tissue paper flowers with flexible pipe cleaners. Finally, I wrapped the dowel handle with satin ribbon.

DSC_0484
Photo credit: Robbie G.

1 comment:

  1. So many clever ideas! I'm particularly fond of brooch bouquets.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...