Jan 21, 2011

Inspired by Matt & Kim

When I lived in LA, I used to be listen to this show Morning Becomes Electic on LA's KCRW radio station while getting ready in the morning. But because of podcasts, I can still find out about new bands despite living in a city with...I'm sorry but the worst selection of radio stations in the country. But I digress, this is how I came across Matt & Kim, a two member band from Brooklyn who you may have heard on some beer commercial if you're not already familar with them. It sounds like your two (much cooler ) friends banging around in the basement, except they create well crafted pop songs that are devastating catchy.

The perfect space to listen to this kind of music is definitely not put together by an interior designer, or even a blogger, it's probably actually a dorm room. It's ammature, but stylish and comfortable. And it's definitely bright and colorful, because even though I'd love to hear them play in a dark club the music is unassailably happy.




And if you're listening to this kind of music, you're definitely wearing something you don't mind getting a little sweaty in so you can contribute to the handclaps and stomping that appear in almost all the songs (man I love me some handclapping). It's young, hip, and modern and doesn't take itself too seriously. Probably a lot of jersey, crazy shoes and sunglasses, and definitely layered.
What music is inspiring you lately?

via 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Matt and Kim are so fun! Saw them at a music festival in the fall, and their happiness was infectious.

    Lately, I've been all about old-school Iron and Wine, plus mash-ups by The Hood Internet.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...