Jun 8, 2010

One Room at a Time: Kitchen

As I've mentioned, our new kitchen is (was) horrendous. I couldn't even stand to take a before shot. Some things, like yellow counters and cabinets and maybe one of the first models of microwave to be produced cannot be helped. I feel certain, however, that we have made the best of an ugly situation. I would have loved to take out the florescent lights and replace them with a hanging chandelier, but given our dearth of electrical skills and the cost involved in such an endeavor, I think we'll save that for our own place. I have to admit, that it was PB's suggestion to use a poster we picked up on the Transiberian as a focal point, and to do a matching green blacksplash ( I wanted to do it all black). I can't wait to finish the other rooms!

3 comments:

  1. Love this!! I think the paint colors are fantastic and I've always wanted to try chalkboard paint. Also, I'm dying for rugs with the chevron pattern, but I can't get *someone* to agree to them. Glad you can enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE chalkboard paint! And your rugs are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the compliments! The rugs are actually on sale at west elm.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...