Jun 3, 2010

Giving in: Veils

Lately, I've been a little over the wedding thing. Not my own, of course. I am full steam ahead on my own preparations. Which might be why looking at other people's wedding is just too much. But yesterday I picked up a copy of the new Martha Stewart Weddings and suddenly I was all excited about weddings again.*

Since I gave in and decided to go the traditional route (get a veil), I thought I'd highlight some gorgeous ones I've seen on-line for those who haven't taken the plunge yet.

Not surprisingly, my favorites come from Jennifer Behr. Her looks are so editorial, but I think, completely wearable. I don't think anyone wearing these would look like a fashion victim.
Early in my wedding planning I identified Sara Gabriel as making some of the most beautiful veils, albeit it much more traditional. I love the art deco beading on the second one and that last one is certain to induce tears.

I also had to note these beautifully modern and different veils from Twigs and Honey. I'm not totally in love with feathers, but I think these are gorgeous.
I'll concede that veils are very traditional, but I think there are so many options that your look doesn't have to be. I absolutely adore short birdcage veils, but I'm equally enamored with the long simple ones. not convinced? Check out these headband options.



*Although I have to say, what is with all the circus themed weddings lately? Does everyone dream of a circus themed wedding? I must be weird...

4 comments:

  1. Lovely post. I love first and the second picture - Jennifer Behr. Gorgeous.

    Have a great weekend.
    raru

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one am fan that you have gone the traditional route, these all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twigs & Honey made my flower hair piece for my wedding! Mine looks a little like the flower in the first Twigs & Honey pic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle, your hair and the flower looked so pretty at your wedding. It was seriously some of the best wedding hair I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...