Apr 5, 2010

Hot Doug's

While I'm getting together my pictures from DC's Cherry Blossom Festival I thought I would sneak in one more post from our Chicago trip. I just had to post a few comments about our excursion to Hot Doug's. We first heard about Hot Doug's from Anthony Bourdain. Bourdain's mere mention of french fries fried in duck fat and the foie gras dog pretty much guaranteed that we would withstand an overly expensive (and eerily fast) cab ride and even....a two hour wait(!) just to see if the the dogs really were as great as they sounded.

Unfortunately, I did not write which dogs we had, besides the foie gras dogs. But I can tell you that they were in a word, awesome. Doug's daily specials feature dogs like a Cherry Pork Sausage with Pomegranate Creme Fraiche and Snow White Cheese and a Veal and Pork Weisswurst with Half-Acre Beer Mustard and Horseradish Cheddar Cheese. If you're in the area, you HAVE to go, bring a book, oh....and cash as they don't take cards and you don't want to be standing behind a minivan in the car drive-thru atm down the street.


3324 North California,
Chicago, IL 60618 Phone: (773) 279-9550
http://www.hotdougs.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...