Apr 16, 2010

Dorm Room Style

I feel like I started planning how my dorm room would look way before I got to college (I was a little college-happy). After all, when you're trying to make new friends you want people to know just how cool you are just by walking down the hallway. So, I pretty much covered every available inch with photos, concert tickets, posters, magazine spreads etc etc etc. For some reason, the look of pictures just tacked on the wall is still very appealing to me. But clearly it has to be done delicately to avoid that dorm room look. I think these people did it just right.

Aren't these kitchen props, awesome?! (Design Sponge).


I like the contrast of the framed photographs with the loose ones (design sponge).

This should be really cheesy, but for some reason...it's awesome. (source unknown)

You have to peek in the corner to see them (Elle Decor).

It seems clear that wallpaper is key to this trend (Elle Decor).

For some reason, I LOVE this place, but I especially like the pictures on the windows. (SF Girl By the Bay)

What do you think? Would you do this in your place?

1 comment:

  1. Actually I've always thought having bare photos plastered (tastefully) on a wall feels more intimate than framed photos. It makes the people or things in the photos feel closer or more accessible than if they were covered in glass and surrounded by a frame. But i've never been able to figure out how to do it without the photos becoming frayed or misshapen from heat or just falling off the wall.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...