Apr 1, 2010

Bridesmaid Dresses

I am just not that into matching bridesmaid dresses. I have seen some beautiful weddings with them, but I'm just not into things that match. It all started when I redecorated my room in high school and I learned about how you can have curtains with little pink flowers and a couch with pink,blue, and green stripes and somehow....it works. In fact, this Saturday a good friend of mine even commented that I match bottom to top....or was it top to bottom...in any case... When it comes to something as personal as my wedding, it's not surprising that I'm opting for pick your own dress. Not to mention I want my friends to look awesome and love their dresses, and not feel resentful that they had to spend a ton of money to buy them. Plus some of these weddings are totally inspiring.

(photo: Max Wanger)

I love how these bridesmaids don't even have the same color, or matching bouquets. Somehow...it works.
Although I will say, these bridesmaids in matching Betsy Johnson look....awesome. Don't you wish you knew them?


(I hate to do this, but I didn't mark down where the other images are from, if you know, let me know)

3 comments:

  1. I love that first photo, gray is a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, i like all of these. I think a general color scheme is the way to go. Or not even like "wear the wedding colors" but just giving the bridesmaids a general idea of the look of the wedding that you envision. Yes, i want to know those Betsey Johnson bridesmaids... so i can steal one of their dresses.

    Also, this has nothing to do with dresses, and it doesn't really scream wedding cake to me, but it looks really good anyway and reminded me of eating figs in Sarajevo with you: http://joannagoddard.blogspot.com/2010/03/fig-wedding-cake.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the first and last photos, too! Those bridesmaid dresses are hot.... on them. I have a feeling they would make me look ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...