Apr 26, 2010

Celine's fresh white fall

There's been a lot of discussion in the fashion world about how Pheobe Phlio has brought back Celine. I'm definitely not familiar enough with the history of fashion to agree with that fact, but I did love her clean lines and mixing of materials in her fall 2010 ready-to-wear collection. But the aspect of her collection that really struck me what she did with white. I feel like normally I associate white lace and fur with a more vintage and historically inspired look. But Celine made it look sleek and modern. So while I am normally more about black sweaters, black wool coats, and black leather boots I am seriously considering an injection of white into my fall wardrobe. Of course, I won't be putting any Celine in that wardrobe, but maybe when the fall lines come out I'll be able to find some pieces that resemble what Philo has been able to achieve. And I can save the black for opaque tights, boots, and trim.



Don't you love that top look? What do you think, is all white too unflattering on non-models?
All photos from Style.com

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I really do love that first outfit. I could do without the rest, except maybe #3.

    I think a white top, white coat, or even a white dress, depending, is wearable for a lot of non-models. I used to have (well, I still have it, it just doesn't fit any more) a long white coat which I adored. I never felt like a giant marshmellow in it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...