May 24, 2010

My DC Summer List

My relationship with Washington, DC is definitely complicated. I go back and forth between seeing so much potential, and feeling so bored. And DC summers....are swampy and gross. But this summer, there are a few things on my list that I fully intend to get around to, that I haven't yet done.
For some reason, DC planners have not yet caught onto the idea of establishing some European style cafes, bistros, and gelaterias along the National mall (instead residents and tourists alike are left with hot dog stands and pre-packaged ice cream). I think it would be so much fun to pack a gourmet (read: with good cheese) picnic and nap in the shade.
Lately, I have been hearing nothing but raves about Founding Farmer's brunch. I don't think I can afford to ignore them anymore. To anyone who hasn't been, my favorite brunch spot is Domku.
See Jazz in the Park. Every spring and summer the Smithsonian organizes jazz concerts in the Sculpture garden. I'm not going to lie, I know nothing about jazz. But I think I should give it a shot.
Camping in the Shenandoah. I don't like bugs or mud, but I do like cooking outside and fresh air.
Now that PB and I have our own little balcony, I can't wait to sit outside (maybe on these chairs?) and drink some fruity cocktails while watching a lightning storm.

I finally made it to the Tidal Basin for the Cherry Blossom Festival, but I have yet to paddle around on the boats. It's clear that it would be a great fashion opportunity for all those breton tees I have. All pictures (aside from the first one, that's mine) are via We Heart It.

1 comment:

  1. I like this post; showing whimsical photos of what you'd like to do... makes the summer seem full of possibilities!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...