Sep 20, 2010

Couch Searching

I am ridiculously excited about getting a new couch. Our current couch has visibly sags to one side. And it's got this weird car seat material and pinstripes. I've never been a fan of it. But couches are tricky. They are such a literally large part of the living space that their purchase requires a little bit of forethought. In doing some inspiration searching on-line there seem to be two main schools of thought: embrace the couch as a focal point or find something neutral that complements other aspects of the room.

As to the first category, here are a few of my favorites: I love how the bright colors or unique shapes become a focal point for the rest of the room. But there are some strong arguments to something more simple as well:

I love how these moer neutral colored couches allow for fun pillows, crazy wallpaper, and exciting coffee tables. At the moment, I'm leaning a bit more toward the second category. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...